Many of us have spent more time at home than usual lately—and that’s commendable! Thank you for doing your part to flatten the curve. Though it looks like we may need to social distance for a bit longer, you don’t have to spend that time alone! Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society can help you find a sweet cat or dog to cuddle with on the couch.
What is the adoption process like right now?
Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society has altered the way that folks can adopt pets right now. That way, we can all stay safe and healthy! As of May 4, they have started doing adoptions by appointment. If you’re thinking of adopting, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit their site here;
- Fill out an application;
- Send the application to Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society by email;
- Phone them at 334-792-6693, where you will officially schedule a meeting time if approved;
- Attend the meeting at the specified time. A maximum of two people can go, and they must both be wearing masks; and
- If the meeting goes well, you can take home your new family member.
And if you want to see all the adorable cats and dogs available for adoption, check them out here!
How can I support Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society in the future?
Currently, you can support Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society by adopting a pet. That way, you can free up space for another animal to be rescued—and you can rescue a cat or dog of your own. Once operations resume to normal, you can also support the organization by:
- Buying something from their thrift shop;
- Making a donation;
- Spaying or neutering your pets;
- Encouraging other people to “adopt, don’t shop,”; and
- Applying to foster pets yourself.
If you’re waiting a bit before you adopt, here’s more on how the shelter will operate once things return to normal. You can find Dothan’s Wiregrass Humane Society at 255 Jerry Drive in Dothan, AL. Its hours range from 12-4:30 p.m., every day but Wednesday.
Cats and dogs make amazing companions—and they’re just the cutest too! We know how important the bond between person and pet can be. That’s why Summerwood Townhomes is pet-friendly! Simply contact us for approval and pay the pet deposit. Then, you’re good to go!